More About our February Fundraiser
Every February we select an organization or cause to donate money. This year, however, we’re contributing in a different capacity: Sabah is RAISING TIME. The concept is simple: for every pair of Sabahs or Babas purchased during the month of February, our team will volunteer 10 minutes of time to a local cause, ranging from environmentalism to mental health to hunger/homelessness and more. Our goal is 150 hours, to be spread out and fulfilled by our team members in New York, San Francisco, Dallas and London. In addition, any sales that exceed 150 hours in time will be met with a monetary donation of 5% of sales.
Since our origin, Sabah has been about physical connection. We built a brand based on good energy and people. As a small team running a busy business, our most precious asset is time, which makes this year’s contribution feel that much more meaningful and significant.
At the beginning of March we will release a calendar of local events to which our team will be donating the volunteer time we’ve raised. We will invite the local communities in each of our cities to join. Stay tuned!
The organizations that will benefit from our February Fundraiser support a range of causes from environmentalism to mental health to hunger/homelessness and more. We’ve partnered with our friends from DEED (a platform that connects individuals/companies with volunteer and donation opportunities) to identify organizations in New York and San Francisco. These, and other causes vetted by our team, are detailed below!
- TIME’S UP, New York: A grassroots environmental group that uses educational outreach and direct action to promote a more sustainable, less toxic city.
- The Bowery Arts Project, New York: Art therapy for a community of men seeking help with drug and/or alcohol addiction.
- Trinity’s Services and Food for the Homeless, New York: Seek to support healthy nutrition through education, strengthen the East Village community through shared service and offer connections to other services.
- Seeds in the Middle, New York: Educates and inspires students, schools, families and their communities to create healthy places to live and learn.
- East Lake Pet Orphanage, Dallas: Connects people and pets by providing medical care and a warm place to stay.